Differences are central to broadening our perspectives, creating thoughtful leaders and sparking new ideas. So, we are diligent about creating an environment that is inclusive and truly diverse. Our students, faculty and staff come from different backgrounds — intellectually, ethnically, economically and geographically — and we wouldn't have it any other way.
See what’s happening today.
Explore what makes us Northwestern.
- Britains Pre-War Lot of 10 Set Japanese Infantry (ca. 1904)
- Powerful Collaborations
- Brekina H0 1 87 7911 Büssing LS11F Getränke-SZ Bärenpils RAR OVP(E9221)
- SH FIGUARTS KAMEN RIDER KABUTO W KABUTO EXTENDER READY TO SHIP
A truly welcoming community.
- Vintage Japanese Takara Masters of the Universe Man-At-Arms MOC He-Man MOTU cultivates inclusive learning environments through programs that foster meaningful dialogue.
- Brekina Büssing LS 11 Container DB Deutsche Bundesbahn - Sondermodell 97913 provides programming that creates opportunities for community engagement and identity expression.
- Academic Programs & Centers, home to majors, minors and research opportunities related to identity, social disparities and diversity.
Crossing academic disciplines.
Northwestern scholars are tackling some of our world’s most complex problems. These are bold goals that can only be accomplished through collaboration across diverse fields of study.
Some of our most exciting projects bring together disciplines for new partnerships.
- Lego Ninjago golden Dragon 70503 100% Complete with Instructions NO BOX, a team of technologists, journalists and designers advancing news media innovation
- Breyer juguete figura muñecos niño coleccion muñeca doll caballo horse breyer a graduate program covering a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines
- The Global Health Studies Minor, studying international issues with a public health focus
- Billings 1 12 B588 African Queen Wooden Model Ship Kit, a network of medical specialists, scientists and scholars exploring fertility preservation in cancer patients
Making an impact, everywhere.
Northwestern is no ivory tower. It’s a launching pad to every corner of the globe.
More than 32% of undergraduates supplement their academic studies with an international experience, such as field study, cultural immersion or exchange abroad. Our faculty collaborate with organizations and scholars around the world to advance research.
- BOSTON TERRIER SOFT AND CUDDLY TOY, located in more than 20 countries around the world
- Britain's Floral Garden Lead Figures RARE Pots Patio Set Circa 1930's Flowers, study abroad options focused on service learning and community involvement
- Beyblade Burst B-82 Booster Alter Chronos .6M.T Japan, a site for collaborative international scholarship
- Global and Research Opportunities (GRO) at Northwestern, a database showcasing all opportunities for international travel, learning and research experiences
The thrill of new connections.
It’s not just our state-of-the-art facilities or generous funding that makes Northwestern one of the most exciting major research universities in the country. It’s our mindset.
Our curiosity leads us to seek out the unexpected; our ambition leads us to work past mistakes to milestones. This unique environment fosters significant research across every discipline.
- Bissell Midget Toy, a Miniature of the Cyco Ball Bearing Sweeper, including more than 90 school-based centers and more than 50 University centers
- Undergraduate Research (UR@NU), an office providing unique opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects
- Lego Train Supplemental RC Train Set 7896-1 8x Straight & 8x Curved Rails 100%, a searchable database of scholarly expertise across all disciplines of the University
- Discover Research at Northwestern, coverage of research discoveries as they are made
Northwestern’s Commitment to an Inclusive Environment
Northwestern University does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing, or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of any of these classes should contact the University’s Office of Equity.