Differences are central to broadening our perspectives, creating thoughtful leaders and sparking new ideas. So, we are diligent about creating an environment that is inclusive and truly diverse. Our students, faculty and staff come from different backgrounds — intellectually, ethnically, economically and geographically — and we wouldn't have it any other way.
See what’s happening today.
Explore what makes us Northwestern.
- Trix 66325 Spur N Bausatz Huntsche Grossbekohlung
- Powerful Collaborations
- Trophy of Wales 66th Regiment Mounted Officer Floca Collection
- VOLKS Girls und Panzer Shimada Alice 1 7 scale color Resin Garage Kit Figure
A truly welcoming community.
- Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer Family Cave Set LOOSE cultivates inclusive learning environments through programs that foster meaningful dialogue.
- Nici 39810 30 cm Creatures Dragon Doublehead Landogar Standing Soft Toy provides programming that creates opportunities for community engagement and identity expression.
- Academic Programs & Centers, home to majors, minors and research opportunities related to identity, social disparities and diversity.
Crossing academic disciplines.
Northwestern scholars are tackling some of our world’s most complex problems. These are bold goals that can only be accomplished through collaboration across diverse fields of study.
Some of our most exciting projects bring together disciplines for new partnerships.
- Max Green N gauge 50523 JR Kyushu KIHA 200 form 500 1500 series, Kashii Line 2-c, a team of technologists, journalists and designers advancing news media innovation
- Dragon Models 1 35 scale 6858, German Sd Kfz.250 7 Ausf.A. Scherer Granatwerfer a graduate program covering a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines
- The Global Health Studies Minor, studying international issues with a public health focus
- Vintage 1967 Animal Fair Plush Stuffed Puppy Dog Hand Puppet St Bernard Henry Fr, a network of medical specialists, scientists and scholars exploring fertility preservation in cancer patients
Making an impact, everywhere.
Northwestern is no ivory tower. It’s a launching pad to every corner of the globe.
More than 32% of undergraduates supplement their academic studies with an international experience, such as field study, cultural immersion or exchange abroad. Our faculty collaborate with organizations and scholars around the world to advance research.
- Miniart 1 35 - Ruined House - 135 Model Kit Min35526, located in more than 20 countries around the world
- Lionel O Gauge 2000 Erie Alco PA-1 Diesel Locomotive C, study abroad options focused on service learning and community involvement
- TAMIYA Models Mitsubishi G4M Model Kit, a site for collaborative international scholarship
- Global and Research Opportunities (GRO) at Northwestern, a database showcasing all opportunities for international travel, learning and research experiences
The thrill of new connections.
It’s not just our state-of-the-art facilities or generous funding that makes Northwestern one of the most exciting major research universities in the country. It’s our mindset.
Our curiosity leads us to seek out the unexpected; our ambition leads us to work past mistakes to milestones. This unique environment fosters significant research across every discipline.
- MFH Book No41 Grand Prix 1969 Matra MS80 Ford F5000 HIRO, including more than 90 school-based centers and more than 50 University centers
- Undergraduate Research (UR@NU), an office providing unique opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects
- FRONTLINE ACW AMERICAN CIVIL WAR A.C.c.5 1st. TENNESSEE REGIMENT STANDARD BEARER, a searchable database of scholarly expertise across all disciplines of the University
- Discover Research at Northwestern, coverage of research discoveries as they are made
Northwestern’s Commitment to an Inclusive Environment
Northwestern University does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing, or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of any of these classes should contact the University’s Office of Equity.