Differences are central to broadening our perspectives, creating thoughtful leaders and sparking new ideas. So, we are diligent about creating an environment that is inclusive and truly diverse. Our students, faculty and staff come from different backgrounds — intellectually, ethnically, economically and geographically — and we wouldn't have it any other way.
See what’s happening today.
Explore what makes us Northwestern.
- Four car KATO Bullet Train - JR 500 West Japan - N scale w bluee roof
- Powerful Collaborations
- Glynn Max N Gauge 2164 Bridge And The Boat (Unpainted Kit)
- F S bluem 1 43 Ferrari 312T4 Monaco GP 1979 driver finished product
A truly welcoming community.
- Giraffe - Vintage animal toy soldiers 1950's years made in Spain cultivates inclusive learning environments through programs that foster meaningful dialogue.
- STUDIO27 1 12 Suzuki RGB 500 Nava Orio Fiat '79 Motogp dc740c Abziehbild provides programming that creates opportunities for community engagement and identity expression.
- Academic Programs & Centers, home to majors, minors and research opportunities related to identity, social disparities and diversity.
Crossing academic disciplines.
Northwestern scholars are tackling some of our world’s most complex problems. These are bold goals that can only be accomplished through collaboration across diverse fields of study.
Some of our most exciting projects bring together disciplines for new partnerships.
- Ixo Presse 1 43 - Lot de 3 Mercedes 600 Pullman -180 D - 130, a team of technologists, journalists and designers advancing news media innovation
- Heller HEL80343 Model Kit, Various a graduate program covering a broad spectrum of scientific and engineering disciplines
- The Global Health Studies Minor, studying international issues with a public health focus
- Locomotive 232 U1 SNCF-HO-1 87-FULGUREX DEP80-005, a network of medical specialists, scientists and scholars exploring fertility preservation in cancer patients
Making an impact, everywhere.
Northwestern is no ivory tower. It’s a launching pad to every corner of the globe.
More than 32% of undergraduates supplement their academic studies with an international experience, such as field study, cultural immersion or exchange abroad. Our faculty collaborate with organizations and scholars around the world to advance research.
- Vintage Marx Johnny West Geronimo with Accessories, located in more than 20 countries around the world
- Tamiya 35169 German King Tiger Porsche Turret 1 35, BRAND NEW , study abroad options focused on service learning and community involvement
- Less Than Half Of The Fixed Price, a site for collaborative international scholarship
- Global and Research Opportunities (GRO) at Northwestern, a database showcasing all opportunities for international travel, learning and research experiences
The thrill of new connections.
It’s not just our state-of-the-art facilities or generous funding that makes Northwestern one of the most exciting major research universities in the country. It’s our mindset.
Our curiosity leads us to seek out the unexpected; our ambition leads us to work past mistakes to milestones. This unique environment fosters significant research across every discipline.
- LIONEL 3464 N.Y.C OPERATING BOX CAR WITH ORIGINAL BOX VINTAGE POSTWAR, including more than 90 school-based centers and more than 50 University centers
- Undergraduate Research (UR@NU), an office providing unique opportunities for undergraduates to do independent projects
- King and Country Communications FOB048, a searchable database of scholarly expertise across all disciplines of the University
- Discover Research at Northwestern, coverage of research discoveries as they are made
Northwestern’s Commitment to an Inclusive Environment
Northwestern University does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing, or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Individuals who feel they have been discriminated against on the basis of any of these classes should contact the University’s Office of Equity.